Some things to thing about while you dreamEssentials:
- Good lighting (Your office needs to be conducive and good for reading)
- Clock (You really do need to be conscious about time)
- Ergonomic desk setup (This will save your arms and shoulder)
- Serious desk chair (this will save your back and butt)
- Your preferred backup system (external hard drives, DropBox, etc.)
- One or two or eight dictionaries
- One or two or three style manuals
Words into Type
Chicago Manual of Style
The New York Times Style Book
- A reading chair or napping couch
- Stationery and your own letterhead.
- Paper, pens/pencils, paper clips, stapler, Post-Its etc.
- ”Easel size” Post-Its for the wall when you are trying to lay out structure.
- Fax or scanning machine—or iPhone app
- A great bookshelf
- Plants or air plants
- File cabinets or cool-colored boxes